Want to be a part of leading teams of delegates and helping out in the CREATE 2020-2021 conference? Scroll down to learn more!
Roles and Responsiblities:
A Maven has a role similar to a camp counsellor and a mentor. Mavens will be put in pairs and each pair will be given a group of delegates at the virtual conference. Following the conference, Mavens are expected to take action on their initiatives and lead the group to take action in the community. At the end of the school year, we plan to host a CREATE retreat filled with the regular leadership sessions that you may be familiar with, while delegates reflect on their prompt planning. Please keep in mind that a Maven is expected to stay committed throughout the entire year.
- Lead delegates through all activities
- Form personal bonds with the delegates and facilitate communication within the group
- Be a leader to your group and to others
- Be prepared to work with a variety of students and fellow Mavens
- Be prepared to talk about current and sensitive topics with delegates
- Must be a high school student attending a high school in Markham
- Attend all training meetings
-Be available at the date of the virtual conference (January 30-31, 2021)
- Be available at the date of the in-person retreat (June 2021, exact date TBA)
By applying to for the maven position, applicants agree to attend all training sessions and meet with delegates to ensure their prompt is successful.